Monday 8 July 2013

Questionnaire Results

As part of my research and planning for this project, I have created a movie/movie trailer questionnaire that I have asked various people to fill out which would allow me to gather important information and key opinions on movie trailers. I can now use the research collected by the questionnaire for my benefit when creating my movie trailer. My responses ranged from 15-18 year olds, to people over the age of 31. I have presented my results in the bar graphs and pie charts shown below as this is a much more appealing and easier way to interpret the results.

The first two questions that i asked were basic closed questions that allowed me to identify the gender and ages of my respondents. As you can see, the majority of respondents were of the male gender with 14 men filling out the questionnaire for me. There were only 9 females, however this still gives me a range of people to help me when producing my final product. The most common age range of people who answered my questionnaire was 15-18 year olds as this received 19 votes. The only other age ranges that appeared were 19-22 and 31+ with both of them receiving 2 votes. I used the third question of "Do the majority of film trailers persuade you to go and see the movie?" in order to find out just how successful and essential film trailers are when it comes to persuading viewers to go and see the film. More than half of the people answered yes they do with sometimes and no being a little less. This has shown me that in order to make people want to go and see my film, i will need to ensure that it is successful in appealing to viewers. The next question asked "Where do you usually watch film trailers?" so that i know where to promote mine, whether this may be on social networking sites or on television. The most common place where film trailers are viewed by my respondents is on YouTube. Therefore, when i have finished my trailer, i will make sure that it is uploaded to YouTube as this is where it will gain the most publicity and stand the best chance of gaining an audience. Television and social networking sites such as Facebook/Twitter will also be effective places to screen my trailer as they also received a number of votes. I also wanted to find out what the most popular film genre was amongst the people who filled in my questionnaire as this is a helpful piece of information. Comedy was the most popular with horror not being too far behind it. Although horror weren't the most popular choice, i still feel that it is one of the biggest genres and can be a success and favourite amongst viewers if the film is effective. The final question was asked so that i can see what aspects of a trailer are most appealing and important to viewers. I will make sure that i include the answers that received the most votes which were plot, cast and good clips in my trailer in order to stand a better chance of it being effective and appealing to viewers.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment