Sunday 15 September 2013

Film trailer costume list

Costumes play an essential part in every aspect of the media whether it may be in a film, in a video game or on an image/poster. With our film trailer (as well as ancillary products) we wanted to ensure that we had the best and most appropriate costumes possible to create the best product.

Myself (Ryan):
As in the film, I am playing your everyday average 18 year old teenager, I will go for the casual look. This will involve trainers, slim jeans as well as a hoodie and a t-shirt. This could be referred to as 'the student look'. I didn't want to be dressed smart in the likes of pants and a shirt as this would be unrealistic to the nature of our film. If I was sitting in the comfort of my own home, I wouldn't normally wear this, so why would I in the film? On the other hand, I would wear jeans and a hoodie so this is what we have used as my costume as it is realistic and appropriate.

Shaun:
Due to Shaun being my best friend, we will more or less have the same taste in things such as clothing - therefore he will be wearing a very similar costume to myself which consists of trainers, jeans, a hoodie and t-shirt. The reason behind Shauns' costume is the same as mine. It is realistic and what you would expect from a teenager.

John:
John is the antagonist in the film. He is a killer who is well built and can be very intimidating to the likes of teenagers. Because of this, we have chose to dress him in black as this is a colour that tends to denote a killer. Black is a very fearful colour that brings about a moody presence, especially when worn inside a home. He will wear a black t shirt with sleeves as well as black pants and dark shoes. He will also wear a very scary and unusual looking mask on purpose in order to hide his identity and strike fear in viewers. Because of how unusual and strange the mask is, it makes it that little bit more disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment