Wednesday 4 September 2013

Marketing my film

From looking at the marketing campaigns of successful films such as Paranormal Activity, The Dark Knight Rises, Devils Due and Carrie, I have found out that one of the best methods of gaining publicity is by using viral marketing. I will use social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter in order to promote the film as this can get my film trending worldwide where it will catch the attention of millions of users. I will use the hash-tag feature to get my films title "#TheIntruder" and its motto "#HomeSweetHome" trending as this may want users to find out more about the film which will entice them to go and see it. This a very efficient method of marketing as these sites have a mobile phone app, and with the popularity and reliability on mobile phones increasing, this will gain my film a lot of publicity.

The ancillary products that I will create will also help to market my film as I will want the poster to be displayed as publically as possible. This will include locations on billboards near motorways and busy city centres as these see thousands of people everyday, therefore it will be spreading my film on a large scale. The magazine front cover will not get as much publicity as the poster, however this is also an effective marketing technique as it primarily appeals to magazine readers who enjoy watching films as that will be the genre of it.

My film trailer will be one of the biggest methods of marketing my film as this is likely to gain the most publicity. I will have it showing all over the internet on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter as well as YouTube in the hope that it creates a buzz about my film and gains millions of views. Another place in which I will have my trailer shown is in cinemas as this is the primary location where movie lovers will be. The trailer will hopefully be screened before movies of a similar age rating and genre to mine as well as around the cinema itself where I will look into creating a partnership with them to help advertise my film even more with things such as boards and banners being placed around.





No comments:

Post a Comment