Thursday 6 March 2014

Title Colour

When creating the title for my film, I wanted to use a colour for the typography that would make it look as effective as possible. With my film being in the horror genre, the most obvious and common colour to use was red, however the problem was finding how light or dark to have it. Because the colour red connotes blood and danger, I thought this would be the most appropriate colour to use. I also wanted it to match the colour of the blood splatter behind it which was red so needed the text to stand out and be easily read.


As you can see from these two variations of my title, the colour is very bright and looks appealing meaning it can be easily digested by viewers. However, it is argued that these versions of red are too bright to represent blood, and that the normal colour for blood would be darker.


I wanted to experiment with my title until I could find the perfect colour for it. I changed the colour of red numerous times and had already seen what a bright version looked like. As you can see from the two versions above, I have made them slightly darker to see if it looked any better. Although they still look effective, I believe they are too dark to represent a colour of fresh, oxygenated blood.


This is the final version of my title and I am happy with the outcome as I believe it is not too dark or too light. I think it looks very effective as it is easy on the eye and viewers will clearly be able it identify that I have gone for the colour of blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment