Sunday 20 October 2013

Preliminary Task Mock Ups




For my preliminary tasks, I have been asked to create both a magazine front cover and film poster for my film. So that I stand a better chance of creating high quality products, I have produced mock ups for each task that I will produce. This will give me a rough idea on how I will set it out and will allow me to identify if and when any changes should occur. Seen as we changed our film idea half way through recording, the original ideas that I had for the front cover and poster had to change.

The original main image that I had for my magazine front cover was based on the 'Wrong Turn 4' Poster. I was planning to have a figure (farmer) walking away in the distance holding an axe in one hand and a human head in the other with blood dripping from it. There would be trees to the left and right of the figure to create a pathway with a very foggy/misty air to add effect. The rest of the magazine cover will have been surrounded by other magazine features such as cover lines, a masthead and pugs. I believe this would have made a very effective magazine front cover because the main image and layout had been well thought out. I am still not 100% sure on what image to use for my new magazine front cover however I am still looking to relate it to and make it similar to that of the wrong turn 4 poster as this will be of a good quality. For my original poster, I took inspiration from the Texas chainsaw massacre poster by having a faded mask as my main image. It would not clearly show the mask, it would only show part of it such as in the Texas chainsaw massacre example shown below. The shot for the image will have been took from behind/side of the face so that it does not show the full identity of the killer. This adds a sense a mystery which may appeal to viewers and entice them to see the movie, therefore making it an effective aspect to my advertisement and promotion campaign.

 


The current idea that I have for my new poster is to have a picture of a swing in the air with a mask either attached to it or on the floor beneath it as this will give a very spooky , mysterious and eerie feel. Although I am not sure exactly what images and text I will be using on my magazine cover and poster, I have still set it out with a rough design which will give me an idea and make sure that I am not making it up on the spot. I will try and make my preliminary products as good as possible and make sure that they are effective in advertising my film. As you can see from the posters above, they have very similar features such as the similar style of font. I will take note of this and use it on my own product so that it looks professional and of a high quality. I will also have to take other effective features such as glow and shadow into account to see if it improves my product. Overall, the most important feature to any front cover or poster is the main image used so I will need to make sure that I have a variety of options to choose from and see what looks the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment